Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm doing it!

Ok, here goes nothing, my very first blog. A little scared, a little nervous, and a lot excited. I have really enjoyed reading every one's posts during the start of my new WOE. So Jo Jo finally got me going with my own.

First on the WOE... I am amazed at how wonderful and easy it has been. Yes, the first week was challenging. But already I am on week three and just crackin' along. I love the way I feel and starting to love the way I look. I lost six pounds my first week of cracking. Due to some advice from Jilligan, I decided not to weigh this week, and we will see if I can hold out one more week. I have been researching tons of recipes, some great, some not so great. But hey, you live and learn. I learned that crab stuffed portabello mushrooms aren't all they are cracked up to be and that a minute muffin made with egg and oatmeal can be a nice treat.

Now on working out... I was lazy last week and didn't get into working out, so this Monday was my first day. I am doing a combo of resistance band workouts and Jilligan got me started on the couch to 5K. Monday I worked out arms and can't remember the last time my arms burned that bad. I was seriously wondering if I would be able to shampoo my hair or type the next day but surprisingly was okay. Last night was my first running "episode". I used to have an MP3 player but somewhere with all my many moves, I have left it behind. So yesterday on the treadmill, it was a quiet run. Because it is an interval program of running for a minute and walking for 90 seconds the first week, I found myself saying over and over, " Six minutes, six minutes, six minutes," then "eight thirty, eight thirty, eighty thirty," then " eleven, eleven, eleven." Well you get the idea. I made it through but seriously need to look into a new music situation.

Glad that Jo and Jill got me motivated to start the program, it is great to be doing it together. Hopefully, I can convince more people. Everyday at work, the girls look to see what I am eating and then say, "Oh, I could do that." But so far they haven't taken the plunge, so we will see.

Everybody keep "A Cracka Lackin!"

7 comments:

Jilligan said...

Glad you finally posted. I was getting tired of seeing nothing beside your name. Great job on the crackin.

Unknown said...

Good post. And welcome to blogland. Hopefully you'll be able to post when you get a chance. I have an old shuffle that I'm not using (it has Landon's kids songs on it.) But I'll load it up with good running songs and send it your way.

Share any good recipes. I am so sick of eating what I've been eating. This morning I was too lazy to even make anything for today, so who knows what I'll be eating.

Good job on the WOE, keep-a-crackin.

RedDaisy said...

Welcome!! Glad you joined us. Yes, please share recipes!! Keep up the good work.

Marcy said...

Ooooo I like this layout. Very nice! Congrats on getting started with the Couch to 5k plan! YAY!

Anonymous said...

I don't get it. What the hell is WOE?

BeachRunner said...

Welcome to blogland and good luck with your C-2-5k training plan. Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Welcome! Love your post. Hope to read more soon!